What NOT to put in a storage unit
Every storage company will have its own list of prohibited items. These are items that you are not allowed to store in either self-storage or container storage. At Alexanders, our list is quite straight forward.
You must NOT store (and you must NOT allow any other person to store) any of the following in a storage unit.
1. Food or perishable goods unless securely packed so that they are
protected from and do not attract vermin.
2. Birds, fish, animals or any other living creatures.
3. Combustible or flammable materials or liquids such as gas, paint, petrol, oil or cleaning solvents.
4. Firearms, explosives, weapons or ammunition.
5. Chemicals, radioactive materials, biological agents.
6. Toxic waste, asbestos or other materials of a potentially dangerous. nature.
7. Any item which emits any fumes, smell or odour.
8. Any illegal substances, illegal items or goods illegally obtained;
9. Any compressed gases.
If you are unsure whether you are allowed to store an item then you should contact your storage facility and check.