Overseas Moves and International Removals
If you’re moving out of London and relocating overseas, you need an international removals firm that can pack and ship your possessions safely to your new home.
Overseas Moves - We'll ship your possessions safely to your new home
We offer a range of international removals options to help make your overseas move as simple as possible, including a complete packing service and secure storage should you need temporary or long term storage for any of your belongings.
Our team of trained packers will pack everything to export standard, including fragile and valuable artworks and breakables. We can ship items to multiple locations and take care of all the paperwork for you.
Have you already moved but your belongings are still here?
Don’t worry. You don’t need to be here for us to provide a detailed international removals itinerary, and to pack, organise, ship and store your belongings. We can liaise with your friends, family or members of staff, and take instructions from you remotely.
Experienced International Removals Team
Alexanders Removals have a committed and experienced team who ensure every international relocation is undertaken smoothly and without stress, to allow every client to fully enjoy their overseas moving experience, whatever the reason may be.
Alexanders is fully accredited by the British Association of Removers (BAR) and the International Association of Movers (IAM), allowing us to have a network of over 2000 international removals companies in over 170 countries. Ensuring the award-winning service that Alexanders is so well-known for, is continued onto your destination.
Your Own International Move Manager
Every international move is assigned one of our experienced move managers, who shall assist you through all aspects of the move. Including the completion of the immigration and customs forms, advising what you can and cannot ship and offering their expert and impartial advice to allow you to choose the best international move method to suit your requirements and budget.
Have the peace of mind to know that your possessions are fully protected whilst in transit with Alexanders marine insurance. This ensures you are fully protected against inherent risks which are outside our control whilst your goods are in transit.
Every international removal is treated with a bespoke service. We provide a free, no obligation on-site removal survey to ensure that we provide the most accurate quotation for your move.
- There are 3 major contributing factors to cost when moving overseas;
- Load size
- Transportation method
Alexanders shall endeavour to fully advise you to the most cost-effective method of getting your possessions from the UK to your destination. To accurately assess your removal, we provide a free, no obligation site survey to allow one of our senior surveyors to discuss your individual requirements and ask any questions you may have. We can then provide you with a tailored fixed price quotation.
Alexanders can store your possessions for the duration of your overseas stay. Be safe in the knowledge that your worldly possessions will be stored in either of our secured storage depots. We can store in either a self-storage or containerised storage capacity with 24-hour CCTV and a Redcare intruder alarm system.
When planning for an overseas move, it is never too early to begin planning. Alexanders recommend to begin your search for a mover at least 10-12 weeks before move date. This allows you to fully prepare your home and personal life, ready for the move date, without making any hasty decisions. However, Alexanders have been known to arrange an international move on a shorter time frame. Please speak with your surveyor regarding your expected move date.
The transit time greatly depends on your destination port. Vessel are regularly leaving the UK for various ports and we can advice at point of booking the estimated delivery date. For dedicated loads (FCLs) the transit time is considerably shorter than a part-load/groupage service.
Over the years, Alexanders have developed a network of oversea agents who mirror our precision, quality and experience. Between us, we shall clear your effects through customs and ensure a smooth and efficient transit.
- The perils of international transport are varied therefore, good insurance is essential. With the Flexicover Scheme held by Alexanders, underwritten by Lonham Marine Underwriters acting for and on behalf of certain underwriters at Lloyds, you are assured of first class cover.
- It is most important that you cover your effects adequately. When completing your proposal form, please be as detailed as possible. Remember, that your possessions are travelling a long way. They will be subject to vibration, the generic movement of the road sea, as well as, the possibility of customs inspections, which can greatly increase the risk.
- The cover is on an All Risks basis, meaning your possessions are adequately covered.
For a full and comprehensive list of prohibited items, it is highly recommended you refer to the local governing authority of your destination. Generally, most countries prohibit the following items:
- Foodstuffs, plants, herbs & spices
- Dried flowers, bulbs, seeds, pinecones
- Soil, sand, straw & hay
- Explosives, fireworks, firearms & ammunition
- Swords, sabres, daggers and such like
- Certain medicines & illegal drugs
- Ivory, unprocessed furs, skins
Any removal with a destination outside the EU does not have to pay VAT. A destination within the EU will still need to pay VAT.
If your possessions are being transported by road and/or part load (groupage/LCL), we require full payment prior to any collection. If your possessions are being shipped in a full container load (FCL), we require full payment before booking the shipping container.
Invoices can be paid by credit / debit card, BACS payment or cheque (be aware cheques require 5 working days to clear).
Alexanders Removals & Storage offers a worldwide shipping service. Some shipping routes are more popular than others and we will work within our trusted network of overseas agents to get you the most efficient and cost-effective quote possible.
Alexanders manages its own storage facility within a 50,000sqft warehouse in London.You can be safe in the knowledge that your possessions are being securely stored within our bonded warehouse whilst you are on the opposite side of the Earth!
- With overseas moves, Alexanders strongly advises that you take advantage of our highly trained removal professionals and let us undertake all the packing. You can then be rest assured that your full list of contents (inventory) is correct, reducing the risk of your goods being held up by customs at border control.
- If you did wish to pack a few boxes with your personal effects, please make your surveyor or move manager aware and we can have the packing materials delivered to your property before move day so you can pack at your leisure.
- If you possess any delicate, fragile, valuable or highly sentimental furniture or artwork, we are able to build a bespoke wooden crate to fully protect the piece during transit. If you feel you have any item that you are particularly concerned about and would like additional protection, please ask your surveyor for further details.
- Other than bespoke crates, we do offer other packaging materials such as bubble wrap, foam corner protection, acid-free tissue and others to fully protect your belongings during transit.