Please find listed below the latest job opportunities with Alexanders Removals & Storage
With possibility of Video Surveying
Salary: £25,000 – £30,000
Job Description / Overview
Alexanders is a fast-growing removals and storage company that strives to treat every customer as an individual and exceed their (moving and storage) expectations by understanding their needs, planning with excellence and delivering with care.
This is an important customer service role where you will be part of a close-knit team of Move Managers, representing our service and working across our whole business with both Domestic and Commercial clients. You will be personally responsible for arranging and executing roughly 40 removals per month. You will also be keeping up relations and quoting for current clients who are offering repeat business.
Key responsibilities of the role:
The role will incorporate managing all aspects of a customer’s move, including:
1. Writing up quotations and doing follow ups
• Working with the Surveyors you will be required to write up quotes and making follow up calls/writing follow up emails
2. Booking Confirmations / Administration and Customer Liaison
• Once the job is booked in you will start with an introductory phone-call and email and you will be fully responsible for the customer from this point onwards
3. Removal Preparation and Execution
• Making sure that all aspects of the removal is discussed with the customer and agreed internally, including:
➢ Arranging box deliveries and collections
➢ Raising invoice and taking payments
➢ Arranging parking by borough
➢ Liaising with the General Manager to ensure all crew and vehicle requirements will be met
➢ Inputting information onto Crew Sheets with instructions for the team
➢ Arranging extra services – pianos’ removal/hoists/handymen etc.
4. Assisting with Complaints And Queries (Post-Move)
• Sending follow up emails to customers, including settling outstanding balances and sending out review requests
• Monitoring customer Feedback
• Weekly tracker for customer reviews
• Communicating with the insurance company for insurance claims
• Contesting parking tickets
• Cost centre analysis for worksheet to be completed for all complete moves
5. Repeat Customers
• Preparing Quotations and booking in removals for repeat customers
6. Video Surveying (if the candidate has prior experience with surveying)
• Performing video surveys for our smaller moves.
• Writing up the quotation
• Performing the follow up/booking procedure/raising invoices/taking payments.
Operations & Warehouse Manager
Residential move customers
Commercial move customers
Suppliers and other representatives (e.g. council)
• Extensive customer service experience, with a real desire to keep customers happy
• Outstanding ability to manage quantities of administration
• Excellent attention detail
• A self-motivated and driven individual, unflappable during busy times
• Exceptional time management skills, with the ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
• Excellent verbal communication, presentation skills and writing proficiency
• Experience in the UK Domestic Removals market a bonus (but not a requirement)
• Flexibility, in order to respond to changing business needs
• Willingness to engage, learn and share best practice across the team and organisation
• Making use of any previous contacts, leads for business etc.
Hours will be 9am – 6pm Monday to Friday with 1-hour lunch break. This could be subject to change/seasonal requirements
Yearly salary linked to experience
Porter/3.5 Tonne Driver – NW10
Job Description / Overview
£8.21 to £8.50 per hour (probationary period)
£19.000 to £24.000 (after successful probationary period)
We are a fast-growing removals and storage company that strives to treat every customer as an individual and exceed their needs. We target the high end of the domestic and commercial market.
We offer a variety of benefits:
- Training and development opportunities
- Automatic enrolment into our pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Awards for long service
- You will be required to drive 3.5tn vehicles to/from office/warehouse to customer’s address
- On these occasions you will be responsible for ensuring that the vehicle is roadworthy and you adhere to company policy on driver and vehicle safety.
- When driving you are responsible for keeping the cab free from rubbish and for returning the vehicle to the fleet at the end of the day clean and tidy and with adequate fuel.
- You will be responsible for making sure that the vehicle is legally parked. Where parking may result in a parking fine this must be authorised first by the Operations team in the office.
- As a porter you will be a key member of the removals team on each job, responsible for packing/unpacking, loading/unloading with the greatest of care.
- As part of the removals team you will be responsible for delivering the optimum customer experience. This will involve working efficiently as part of a team, being polite and courteous to our customers, whilst adhering to Health and Safety requirements at all times.
Working as a team
- Undertaking the safe handling of customer goods.
- Assist your colleagues where necessary in any removal related tasks. Your responsibilities will also include packing/unpacking, loading/unloading into company’s vehicles and in/out of buildings, on-site and off-site.
- As an ambassador for Alexanders you will need to be extremely polite and courteous to customers.
- You will also be required to present yourself in a professional manner at all times and adhere to the company uniform and smoking policy.
Health and Safety
Safe systems of work will be followed at all times.
You will be required to carry out your duties in accordance with Alexanders’ Health and Safety policy, ensuring the safety of yourself, of your colleagues and of the public.
Full Driving licence (no more than 3 points)
Experience of driving 3.5t Luton Vans
Experience of driving 7.5t Luton Vans would be beneficial
Experience of removals industry would be a significant advantage
Good standard of English
Attention to detail
Copes well under pressure
Professional – great attitude