Last updated on: 27/01/23
Our contact details
Name: The Alexanders Group
Address: Unit 3 Steyning Way, Hounslow, TW4 6DL
Phone Number: 0333 800 2323
At The Alexanders Group (we, us, Alexanders), we understand that your privacy is very important to you. That’s why we are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of all users of our websites and any other services we provide (“our Services”).
Please read this entire policy carefully. When using our websites and services, you are agreeing to the practices described below.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act), the data controller is The Alexanders Group, a company registered in England and Wales, with registered company number 5330675, whose registered office is located at Unit 1, Chase Road Trading Estate, 51 Chase Road, London, NW10 6LG
The type of personal information we may collect
Information that you provide to us, such as your name, address, email address and telephone number, age, and other registration information, financial and credit card information, personal description, details of your household or business, details of any pets you may have and any information about you or your property revealed in photographs and/or video and/or audio recordings of you or your property and any persons or objects therewith which you provide to us or which the service provider takes or records before, during and/or after the provision of the services in accordance with the terms and conditions of the services and any other information that you choose to provide voluntarily, when you:
– submit a booking enquiry through our websites and/or over phone
– subscribe to receive any newsletter we may offer from time to time;
– complete any voluntary surveys we may ask you to participate in from time to time;
– send feedback to us via our website and/or email;
– respond to our marketing communications;
– correspond with us by telephone, post or email or via the instant chat function on our websites; or
– report a problem with any of our Services.
Information that we may collect automatically each time you visit any of our website:
– basic demographic information and preferences (if you opted in for sharing demographic data in your Google Account; technical information, including the type of device) you use, network information, your operating system, the type of browser you use, etc;
– statistical usage data about our users’ browsing actions, patterns, interactions and navigation through our website. Please note that this data does not identify any individual;
Here is what type of information you can access:
Up-to-date information regarding recent bookings; personal information (including name, email, phone, address, communications and personalised advertising preferences); payment settings (including credit card information); marketing communication settings; booking and enquiry history.
How we may use your information
We use the information you give us:
– to manage your booking or respond to booking enquiry and to arrange the performance of services by your service provider;
– to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
– to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
– to communicate with you about any comments, complaints, queries or feedback you might have about us or the Services;
– to give you the ability to interact with any service features on our website when you choose to do so, for instance our real-time chat service, our online booking system;
– to notify you about any changes to our Terms or our Services, to communicate any information about your booking with you and to send you any account-related information and announcements;
– to ensure that content on our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer and/or device;
How we may use the information about you that we collect automatically
We use the information about you that we collect automatically:
– to administer our websites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
– to improve our website and services, to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and device;
– to monitor and improve the security, quality and efficiency of our products and services;
– to allow you to participate in interactive features on the website, when you choose to do so;
– as part of our efforts to keep our websites and apps safe and secure;
– to make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may interest you and to otherwise manage our relationship with our clients.
We use the information about you that we collect automatically in combination with the information you give to us. We will only use such information for the purposes set out above.
Where we store and process your information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure server in England. We have in place a level of security appropriate to the nature of the information stored and the harm that might result from a breach of security.
All payments made through our website are processed by our selected third-party payment processing services. Such payments are encrypted.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosure of your information
Third party companies
We may disclose your personal information to third parties for the following purposes:
Provision of services
Change of ownership
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
If all or substantial amount of Alexanders assets or the assets of our group of companies are acquired by a third party. In this case, personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
Duty to disclose
Breach of agreement
If you do not make payments that you owe in relation to any services provided to you by the service provider, we may disclose your personal data to credit reference agencies and to fraud prevention agencies for the purposes of fraud prevention. We may also disclose your personal data to debt collection agencies which may use your information to trace your whereabouts and recover the debts. The information which we provide to such agencies may in turn be provided by those agencies to other organisations which may use your personal data to perform similar checks. Information recorded by fraud prevention agencies may be accessed by organisations in other jurisdictions;
Protect clients and/or any third parties
If we are forced to protect our own rights, property and operations (enforcing contract performance or pursuing remedies or limiting damages we may sustain).
We are committed to securing personal information and any data we collect from clients. We use physical, technical and organisational security safeguards to help protect the information that we have collected from unauthorised access and third parties.
However, please note that no server, network or data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted through our website, and account systems and make no assurance about our ability to prevent any such loss or misuse. By choosing to share any information with us, you are accepting this risk.
The General Data Protection Regulation grants you the rights: to know about and access the information we hold about you, to request changes to your personal information if it is erroneous or misrepresents you in any way and to request a copy of your personal data, ask that we restrict the processing of your personal data, or to have us completely erase it.
Additionally, you can limit the personal information you share. The only way we collect personal information is when you provide it to us voluntary. You can choose to browse some parts of the Alexanders website, purchasing a service or otherwise submitting personal information to us. Any personal information that is given to us will generally be retained for as long as it is necessary to provide a service or operate our business, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
If you have more questions or you want to exercise any of your rights, contact our team by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then review your request and get back to you within 30 days. You can also reach out to The Information Commissioner’s Office, who will be able to advise you on how to submit a complaint.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk