Following on from the Prime Minister’s statement on the evening of Sunday 10th May 2020 Alexanders Group is now operating once again. We are ensuring proper procedures are followed to prevent inadvertent transmission of the virus between our staff and clients. Please see our guidance below as to how we are operating under Covid-19 restrictions.
What we are doing as a business
- We are facilitating the use of video survey technology wherever possible.
If an on-site survey is necessary
- We are completing a detailed risk assessment to profile the client’s risk category. In some cases it may be necessary to request that they sign a disclaimer to confirm that they have not been exposed to the virus through contact in the past seven days.
- All of our surveyors are carrying a facemask/visor and gloves which are to be worn wherever possible.
- We are maintaining social distancing measures (2m apart)
- We are providing PPE to all crew members including disposable facemasks or similar (eg washable nose/mouth protection item), eye protection, visor and work gloves.
- We are providing each crew with alcohol hand sanitiser and disinfectant wipes and replenishing stocks as/when required.
- Where possible we are limiting our packing service to the packing of china, glass and breakable items.
- We will be maintaining 2m spacing from the client during the move, although it will be inevitable that the crew cannot socially distance from each other.
- Our crew will be maintaining social distancing measures as far as is possible when working and are requested to avoid restricted spaces such as hallways, staircases, and landings, and also to wait for the co-worker to leave vehicle load area before entering where possible.
- We are reminding our crew that every time that a 2-man carry is required, then the crew members should use the eye protection and facemask/visor provided.
- We are ensuring that teams are consistently working together (i.e. maintain the same crew pairings) so far as is possible in order to minimise staff having multiple/varied work partners.
- We are completing wellness checks at the start of each day, to include temperature readings being taken/reported each morning. In addition any crew members displaying Coronavirus symptoms are sent home immediately.
- We ask our crew to wash their hands thoroughly on an hourly basis and frequently sanitise the work gloves.
- We are reminding our crew of the need for good hand and respiratory hygiene, and to avoid touching their face.We are reminding crew to catch coughs and sneezes in tissues and to dispose of used tissues in a responsible manner.
- When travelling in the cab of the vehicle to and from a move, we are ensuring that windows are opened slightly and that facemasks/visors are worn.
- We are ensuring that no more than 2 crew members travel in the cab of the vehicle at any one-time, additional crew members should travel separately to and from site.
- We are ensuring our crew change footwear when in the cab and any wet weather gear, or soiled clothing, to be stowed in vehicle body lockers and not in the cab.
- We are deep cleaning our vehicle cabs daily (frequent cleaning of the steering wheel, dashboard, seats and door handles etc.) and load areas, together with all equipment.
What we need our clients to do
If an on-site survey is necessary
- We ask that any client that is in a high-risk category should not be present on site.
- We request that clients wear a facemask during the survey visit. We can provide you with a facemask.
- We request that no pets are free to roam around the house during the visit.
- We request that only one family member is present during that survey visit.
- We request that clients deep clean the home and their goods and effects in preparation for the move.
- We request that one family member only to be in attendance at the premises during the move and the 2m social distance to be maintained at all times.
- We request that the client wear a facemask/visor during the removal process. We can provide our clients with a facemask on the move day.
- We request that clients self-pack miscellaneous and non-breakable items wherever possible. We will supply the necessary cartons and other materials and will itemise any associated costs.
- We request that no pets are free to roam around the house during the move.
- We request that no other trades people to be in the property(s) during the move process.
- We request that access to W/C an d wash facilities should be made available for the move crew, and that where possible those facilities would be for the use of the crew only.
If you have any queries about the policies we have in place please call us on 0333 800 2323 and we will be happy to discuss further as to how we are operating under Covid-19 restrictions.
The safety of our clients and crew is our first priority.