Salary: £33,000 – £40,000/annum
Job Description / Overview
Alexanders is a small but fast growing removals and storage company based in NW10, that strives to treat every customer as an individual and exceed their expectations by understanding their needs, planning with excellence and delivering with care.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
Head of the Accounts department, managing all accounting and finance related matters as it affects all reporting and BAU operations. Overseeing 1 assistant accountant covering core accounting tasks including accounts receivables, accounts payables, credit control and payroll. Ensuring company assets are well documented and tracked. Monthly reporting to senior internal stakeholders. Payroll management and reporting. Reporting to HMRC and BAR compliance and auditing.
Month End Management Accounts
- Preparation of accurate and timely monthly management accounts and financial analysis.
- Review of P&L and Balance sheet accounts and processing journal entries required.
- Production of detailed analysis to the management team using KPI’s.
- Review of revenue booking and recognition in appropriate period.
- Review of costs associated with revenue and recognition in appropriate period.
- Processing and posting of all month end journals and adjustments – sales revenue, deferredincome, doubtful debts, claims, corporation tax etc.
- Responsible for budget and forecast management and monitoring.
- Appropriate reporting of Capex. Management of Company’s fixed assets register ensuring all assetsare booked, well documented, and depreciated. Disposal of assets as and when necessary.
- Appropriate reporting of all revenue expenditure.
- Liaising with General Manager and move managers regarding sales and revenue.
- Contribute to medium and long-term business planning/forecasts. Providing support in thepreparation of cash flow projections, budgets, and forecasts.
- Responsible for the weekly supplier payment run.
- Overseeing Debtors ledger. Review and management of credit control.
- Establishing and maintaining financial policies – removal timesheets; expenses.
- Providing support to all departments and the management team to help make financial decisions.
- Renewal of company’s insurance policies. Liaising with our insurers regarding insurance policies, submitting insurance returns and claims.
- Responsible for training, supervision, and overall development of the department.
- Preparation of ad-hoc analysis reports.
Year End / External Accountants
- Preparation of information and schedules for statutory accounts and liaising with external accountants.
- Processing and posting of year end journal and adjustments.
- Liaising with external accountants as necessary to ensure accurate and timely fillings of accounts and company returns
Additional / Ad hoc Responsibilities:
- Preparation of business model for new business venture – Hampstead Handyman.
- Management of annual BAR audit process.
- Managing ACPH trial balance – posting payments, dividends, journal etc.
- Responsible for period open and close in Xero and Moveware.
- Experience of working in an office/account’s environment
- Book keeping experience would be highly desirable
- IT confident
- System usage of SAP would be highly desirable
- Very organised, with attention to detail, tidy, meticulous and very thorough
- Someone unflappable, able to deal with a broad range of tasks related to accounts
Unit 1 Chase Road Trading Estate, 51 Chase Road, North Acton, London, NW10 6LG
To be moved to Unit 3 Communication Park, Steying Way, Hounslow. TW4 6DL
Hours will be 9am – 6pm or 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday with 1-hour lunch break. This could be subject to change/seasonal requirement
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com